A residential building was razed with properties destroyed in the early hours of Saturday on Cachol Street in the Ojo area of Lagos State.
Pointblanknews.com gathered that the inferno started after a camp gas exploded in the eight-room bungalow.
The spokesperson for the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Services, Amodu Shakiri, confirmed the incident.
He said one of the occupants was cooking in the corridor of the building when the explosion occurred.
“The call came in at about 9:05 am and we were able to isolate the fire to only the building alone while adjoining buildings were safe from the gas-induced fire.”
Shakiri said the incident would have been fatal but for the detachment of some officers from the Ojo military cantonment who protected firemen who were carrying out their duties.
He added that there was no casualty as the occupants of the building escaped unhurt.