Deadline: 17 July (Annual)
Study in: Germany
Course starts April
Zurich Insurance is making available the Zurich One Young World Scholarships to outstanding young leaders around the world who wish to attend the One Young World Summit to be held in Munich, Germany from 23 to 26 April .The organisation aims to empower vulnerable people within our communities to better protect themselves from risk, and to adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing environment. NEXT is a grassroots movement within Zurich Insurance that advocates for the voices of the next generation of leaders to be heard by promoting inter-generational dialogue.
The focus is on innovating in 3 areas: 1) Mitigating the impacts of climate change, 2) Tackling the world’s increasing physical and mental health challenges, and 3) Striving to increase both social and financial inclusion. The aim is to transform the lives of 1 million people, and positively impact the lives of 10 million more.
One Young World Summit
Level/Field(s) of study:
Attendance at the One Young World Summit
Number of Scholarships:
Outstanding young leaders from around the world working in the fields of climate change, well-being or inclusion
The scholarship covers:
- • Access to the One Young World Summit in Munich;
• Hotel accommodation in a shared room between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, .
• The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class), the carbon emissions of which will be doubly offset by the Z Zurich Foundation through an accredited scheme in Myanmar.
• Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit).
• Ground transportation between Summit venues.
• Access to additional programming offered by Zurich.
• Participation in Zurich-led sessions in the lead-up to, during, and after the Summit.
• A Zurich buddy from NEXT.
• A personal development workshop held at Zurich Insurance’s headquarters in Switzerland. All costs relating to these sessions are covered by Zurich.
Applicants should be inspirational young leaders who share Zurich’s vision for a more sustainable world, who are working in the fields of climate change, physical or mental well-being, or social or financial inclusion. They should be individuals who have demonstrated commitment to shaping a more fair, more equal society in which everyone can succeed. Applicants can be from any country in the world.
Candidates will be assessed based on their:
- • Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
• Demonstrated capacity for leadership
• Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
• Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges.
Applications are currently closed.
Candidates have to submit the online application form by 17 July , in which they have to provide information about the issues they are most passionate about and engaged in; the way in which they have demonstrated leadership and innovation in helping to create positive change in their communities, countries, or organisations; and the impact of their work.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.oneyoungworld.com/zurich-one-young-world-scholarship